Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Heirloom Dining Room

We recently moved in my maternal grandparents' dining room furniture....with the help of my dad and our friend Gerald!  Of course, I think it looks absolutely beautiful and I feel so honored to have it.  Grandmother Ridley was always a stickler for taking good care of things and keeping them clean so naturally her dining furniture is in pristine condition.  As I look at it I can remember many meals we shared around the table at her house...even when I had to eat at the kids' table and was an onlooker to the "big table".  I never imagined that table would someday sit in my house - but I'm very grateful it does!  Here's a bare look at the room...we haven't really finished decorating yet.

close up of the china cabinet...we put Grandmother Ridley's coffee set in the bottom, left corner and Grandma Harmon's amber depression glass in the bottom, right corner.  Their pieces don't coordinate exactly, but it we wanted to display them just the same.

No comments: