Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tyler's 1st Emergency

Tyler had his 1st official emergency on January 4th.  He fell while running and injured his mouth.  I didn't see him fall, but I was in the same room.  He busted his upper lip, cut his gum pretty bad, and slightly loosened a tooth.  I panicked when I saw blood rapidly flowing out of mouth and heard his screams.  I called Ben at work and told him he needed to come home.... so he did.  Ben took Tyler to the dentist and our dentist said he didn't need stitches and told us to give him pain meds every 4 hours....so we did.  He also said the tooth wasn't loose enough to require attention and that Tyler should be healed within a week.....and he was.  Tyler seemed to bounce back with no problem and didn't seem too uncomfortable during the recovery process.  Now we just have to wait and see if the tooth will "live" or not.  The dentist said that if the tooth "dies" it can take up to 6-12 months for the tooth to discolor and turn brownish gray.  We are praying that there is no permanent damage from his injury.
Here's a picture of the poor little guy after his injury.

1 comment:

Sara-Beth said...

Maggie had one of these about a month ago! She knocked her front two top teeth. They have changed color and we are just waiting to see what happens as well. I swear she needs a mouth guard- she has done it 2x more since the "original". He is still quite precious! Love the family pic also!